A List Of Interesting Argumentative Essay Topic Ideas About GMOs
Academic experts agree that argumentative essays about GMOs are significantly easier to research and write when students select an interesting and original topic. The trouble is that most students have trouble finding or developing topics they’re interested in. Therefore, we’ve put together this list of interesting topics for you to use or to help you on your way towards developing one on your own:
- Do you believe that the regulation of GMOs by the USDA, FDA and the EPA enough or should there be more regulation? Should findings from these reports be made fully public or only when there has been a violation?
- Do you think it’s dangerous for scientists to develop and continue working on genetically engineering plants? Provide evidence from recent scientific studies to support your argument. What does the opposition present in its side?
- Should the major seed companies prevent scientists from conducting research on their patented plants? Consider economics, profit, and public perception. For instance, if a company does not allow GMO research then can it survive public scrutiny?
- If newer allergens do arise does this mean that genetic engineering has grown more dangerous than was originally perceived?
- What evidence is there that GMOs are more likely to create allergens that make more people sick? If evidence doesn’t support this claim then why are so many people so concerned about this issue?
- Have GMOs played a role in carbon capture and soil preservation? How has this occurred in both no-till and low-till types of farming?
- What do you make of the latest forms and technologies of genetic engineering? Do you think these are safer? Do you believe that further advancements will allow the public to accept GMO crops more willingly?
- What role does genetically modified produce have on the reduction in insecticides but in the rise of herbicides? Do you think there are other factors at play that affect both of these phenomena?
- What do you think about Monsanto making farmers buy their seeds by actively spreading the terminator gene? Do you think this is true and how does one go about stopping Monsanto’s actions?
- Do you think genetically engineered crops hurt or help the lower income farms and farmers? Should the government step in to protect smaller farms? What will corporations’ likely response be to any new kind of legislature?