List Of Unique Topics For A Compare And Contrast Essay On US History
Okay, so you have been tasked with writing a compare and contrast essay on US history. Wow! What a theme! US history is utterly fascinating and rather than trotting off the same, standard responses as your contemporaries there is an infinite number of possible topics that you can cover. Remember, the key here is to compare and contrast, so you really need to make sure that you choose something that you can sink your teeth into.
Just in case you are struggling for inspiration here is a list of unique topics for you to consider:
- Compare and contrast the tactics used in the “Shock and awe” campaign in Iraq with American-led military operations today.
- Examine the early gay rights movement and contrast it with gay rights in modern day America.
- Look at the Boston Massacre trial of 1770 and contrast it with the trial of the Boston Bomber. Was there even any point putting Tsarnaev on trial?
- Explore the reasons for Chinese immigration to America in the 19th Century and compare and contrast it to the modern day Chinese community.
- Choose an 18th or 19th Century first lady and compare and contrast her to Michelle Obama.
- Examine how 18th Century Americans spent their leisure time and compare and contrast it to 2015.
- Look at the early ghettos. Compare and contrast to modern-day Detroit.
- Look at the early days of television and compare and contrast to the channels available today.
- Take a 19th-century medical breakthrough and compare it with experimental treatments for Ebola.
- Hate crimes then and now. Compare and contrast. Have any lessons been learned?
- Compare forensic science fifty years ago and contrast it to forensic science nowadays.
- Take an American socialite from the 1920’s and compare the extent of her influence over young women with someone like Kim and Khloe Kardashian.
- Compare Marilyn Monroe with Peaches Geldof.
- Look at the Monica Lewinsky scandal and compare and contrast it with the Profumo Affair.
- Compare and contrast the methods used by Security agents when dealing with modern terrorists against the methods used during the Cold War.
- Examine child labor in the early twentieth century and compare and contrast it with child exploitation and labor in modern day America.